These shrimps sautéed with garlic and parsley are divine. And they are so quick to make. I give you the recipe for 500 g of large pink shrimps. But I always double this quantity because at home we love this dish. Don’t hesitate to adjust the quantities of butter and oil according to the amount of sauce you want. And also, you can add other spices if you want: desperate chili pepper for example or chili powder.
Recipe type: Fried shrimp
Quantity: 4 pieces
- 500 g peeled, deveined large shrimps with or without tail
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch of paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (or more)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter (or more if you want more sauce)
- Rinse your shrimp in cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the shrimp in the oil for 1.5 minutes on each side until pink. Be careful not to cook them for long, otherwise, they will become rubbery.
- Add salt and pepper to taste halfway through cooking, stir.
- Add in the pan the garlic, the pinch of paprika if you use it, and the butter. Sauté for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the parsley, mix and remove from the heat. Enjoy your meal!
If you have used a lot more shrimp or if your pan is small: sauté the shrimp in several batches. Reserve them on a warm plate as you go along.
When you are finished with the shrimp, you will add butter and/or oil and chopped garlic. You cook them quickly.
At this point: a) if your pan is large enough to hold all the shrimp, put the shrimp back in it, add the parsley, stir and heat quickly. B) if your pan is small, add the parsley. stir and remove from the heat. Pour this garlic and parsley sauce over your cooked shrimp that you have previously prepared in a serving dish.