When I think of these Fried Cornbread cakes, I feel nostalgic. When I was a kid, I was so happy whenever my grandmother prepared these cakes for us. Nothing is better and sweeter than the recipes of the past.
These Southern Hoe Cakes Are delicious. Your family will love and enjoy them.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoonful baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoonful sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- pinch of salt
Steps to follow
- Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and mix these ingredients with a fork in a large bowl.
- Add two eggs milk to the bowl and mix everything with an electric mixer until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, then add the third cup of the mixture to the pan to make hoecake (add about 3 cakes at once to the pan); once they start bubbling on top, you flip them over and let them cool until brown golden. source: ineskohl.info
- Now take them away from the frying pan and serve them with maple syrup or honey or butter; you had better eat them hot because they taste much better. Enjoy
if you loved this recipe, i suggest you visit our cakes category for similar recipes