Shrimp always goes well with pasta. With a creamy sauce, it’s even better! Try this fabulous recipe now!
- 10 ounces (about 300 g) of Pennine or other such pastes
- 1 pound (454 g) medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons (24 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons (24 g) flour
- 3/4 cup of milk (190 ml)
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (225 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (115 g) + 2 tablespoons (30 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic, shrimp, and 2 tablespoons of parsley, then salt. Cook until shrimp are pink and not opaque, 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the shrimp to a plate. (Keep the juices in the pan.).
- Melt remaining butter in a skillet, then add flour and whisk until golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and chicken stock and simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup (190g) mozzarella and 1/4 cup (65g) Parmesan cheese until creamy. Season with salt and pepper, then add flour and whisk until golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Add the milk and chicken stock and simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup (115 g) mozzarella and 1/4 cup (65 g) Parmesan cheese until creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return shrimp to skillet. Add tomatoes and cooked penne and mix until smooth. (Add more milk if the mixture is too thick).
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup (65 g) mozzarella and 2 tablespoons (30 g) Parmesan cheese and cook until cheese melts, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes longer until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and serve.