Chocolate Pecan Cake Bars are a real treat and feature a rich blend of chocolate and nuts in a cake base.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
Whisk flour, 1/2 cup butter, and brown sugar in a small bowl until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Beat eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Stir in pecans and pecans; pour over hot crust.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.