Cream Chocolate pie is an elegant dessert that combines a crispy shortbread dough with a delicious chocolate cream. We invite you to discover this recipe that is always a loved by young and old people alike.
Here are the ingredients needed to make a Chocolate Pie for 6 to 8 people.
For the shortbread dough :
- 80 g of sugar
- a sachet of vanilla sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g flour
- 125 g butter
For the trim :
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- a vanilla bean
- 225 g of Pastry Chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 g of butter.
Preparation of the dough
To make this recipe for chocolate pie, you must first prepare a shortbread dough:
1) In a bowl, pour the sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, and egg yolks. Work it all with a spatula to obtain a foamy mixture.
2) Add the sifted flour in one go. Mix first with a spatula and then with your fingertips, breaking the dough into small grains.
3) Gather the grains into a fountain, add the butter in pieces to the center and knead quickly. Do not overwork the dough.
4) Make a smooth ball, wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Cooking the dough
The dough of the Chocolate Pie must be baked “à blanc” before adding the filling.
1) Preheat the oven to 200°.
2) Spread the dough and fill a pie dish.
Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork and cover it with baking paper. Add dried beans to hold the paper.
3) Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges of the pie are golden brown.
4) Then remove the beans and baking paper and bake the dough for another 5 minutes.
Preparation of the chocolate cream
1) Heat the cream with the split vanilla bean.
At the first broth, remove from the heat and remove the vanilla bean.
2) Add the Chocolate broken into pieces and stir to obtain a creamy consistency.
3) Stir in the egg yolks and butter. Mix well before pouring this filling over the dough base.
Let cool before serving this chocolate pie. Enjoy!