Potato pancakes like you’ve never eaten them before: requires only a few ingredients that we all have in our pantry and is really easy to prepare.
Kids will love it! You can serve them it a light sauce for a snack or to accompany certain dishes. The taste of these pancakes is really delicious and is a great way to eat potatoes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Ingredients Potato Pancakes
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 egg
- 50 grams of flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
Preparation Potato pancakes:
- If you use a food processor: peel and dice the potatoes and onion.
- Place the vegetables in the food processor and process for about 2 minutes, until the potatoes are “grated” and smooth.
- If using the grater: peel the potatoes and onion and grate them.
- Place the potato mixture in a fine strainer or cloth and try to squeeze most of the liquid into a bowl.
- Discard any liquid the potatoes have lost. Put the potato mixture back in the bowl and add the egg, flour, a little salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a spoonful of the potato mixture, spreading a little and giving the classic round pancake shape.
- Bake for about 2-3 minutes on each side, then transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 180° C for about 15 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Place the pancakes on a paper towel and allow them to cool slightly before serving.
- These pancakes can also be kept for a few days in the refrigerator, just keep them in a closed container.
- You can also freeze them and store them in a food bag. When you want to eat them, simply bake them in the oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes.