Honey Baked Chicken is a popular dish that is enjoyed by many. It is made by baking a whole chicken in a honey-based sauce. The sauce is usually made with honey, butter, garlic, and other herbs and spices.
The chicken is typically marinated for an extended period of time, often several hours or even overnight, to allow the flavors to fully penetrate the meat. This helps to enhance the overall taste and texture of the dish, resulting in a more enjoyable and satisfying meal. before baking, allowing the flavors to develop and infuse into the meat. The result is a juicy, tender, and flavorful chicken dish.
Honey Baked Chicken is often served as a main course with sides such as mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and gravy. It can also be served as an appetizer, snack, or side dish. It can be served hot, cold, or at room temperature.
Honey Baked Chicken is an easy and delicious way to enjoy chicken. It is a healthy and tasty meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family. It is also a great way to use up leftovers, as the marinade can be reused multiple times. Honey Baked Chicken is a great way to add flavor and variety to any meal.
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
For the rice:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can of green peas
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the breasts in a heatproof bowl and season with salt, pepper, curry, and honey. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for one hour, if you have time, otherwise, leave them for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, add 1/2 cup of water to the pan, and bake for 25 minutes or until soft, golden brown, and caramelized. Do not let them dry out.
- To prepare the rice, heat the oil in a small pot and add the chopped garlic. Before it browns add the rice, stir well, add salt to taste, the vegetables, and 1 ½ cups of boiling water. Cover the pot, lower the heat to the minimum and let it cook until the rice is ready about 25 minutes.
- Stir with a fork and serve immediately with the chicken.
Instead of water, you can add orange or pineapple juice to the chicken.
Serve with steamed vegetables.
Add a green salad.