HONEY BAKED CHICKEN is a Delicious and rich dinner meal, the chicken meat is baked well and tender.
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
For the rice:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 can of green peas
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the breasts in a heatproof bowl and season with salt, pepper, curry, and honey. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for one hour, if you have time, otherwise, leave them for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator, add 1/2 cup of water to the pan, and bake for 25 minutes or until soft, golden brown, and caramelized. Do not let them dry out.
- To prepare the rice, heat the oil in a small pot and add the chopped garlic. Before it browns add the rice, stir well, add salt to taste, the vegetables, and 1 ½ cups of boiling water. Cover the pot, lower the heat to the minimum and let it cook until the rice is ready about 25 minutes.
- Stir with a fork and serve immediately with the chicken.
Instead of water, you can add orange or pineapple juice to the chicken.
Serve with steamed vegetables.
Add a green salad.