We all love Christmas ham, and the truth is that it is a preparation that even children enjoy without problems. Christmas roast ham usually has sweet and sour flavors and that is why the most popular recipes are roast ham with pineapple, mustard ham and the one we present below: baked ham with honey.
At Ineskohl.info we have a great time at Christmas and that is why we want to share with you the best recipes for this holiday season. Cooking baked ham is not that complicated and even less so with this easy recipe, with which you will learn how to prepare a honey and spice marinade sauce.
Ingredients to make Honey Baked Ham:
- 1 piece of ham
- ½ teaspoon Ginger
- 1 pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 orange (grated)
- 1 Lemon (zest)
- 0.66 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 50 grams of butter
- 1 cup of honey
- 300 grams of dehydrated Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of sweet mustard
- 1 cup of Cognac
How to make Honey Baked Ham:
- As in any preparation of Christmas ham or oven-roasted ham, the most important thing is to make a marinade with lots of flavor. So, we start by hydrating the cranberries with alcohol, if you don’t have cognac you can use brandy.
- Now, add all the ingredients listed in the list in a saucepan and mix over low heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the spices are well integrated.
- Remember that ginger has a very strong flavor, so it will be enough to add just the tip of a teaspoon. If you have fresh ginger, just grate a small amount.
- Immediately after, add the cranberries hydrated with the alcohol and continue cooking until the sauce reduces a little and becomes slightly thick. Set aside.
- To cook the ham in the oven, wash and dry the piece very well with absorbent paper. Make transversal cuts over the entire surface drawing rhombuses and then, in each cross, place cloves.
- Next, spread the ham very well with the marinade sauce plus a little salt and pepper, put everything in an airtight bag and store in the refrigerator, if possible, from one day to the next. The idea is that the ham absorbs the flavor of the marinade. Ineskohl.info
- On the day of preparation, put the honey ham in the oven and cook at 220 ºC. for about 10-15 minutes. After this time, lower the power to 160 ºC. and continue cooking until the meat is ready. To check it, observe that the piece is well browned and make cuts to check that the ham is cooked.
- During baking, it is very important that you bathe the meat every 10-15 minutes with the same cooking juices and the marinade that will be in the tray.
- Serve the baked ham with honey and enjoy this delicious Christmas dish with the family. And if you want more ideas, you can also prepare a mustard roast ham, with a different flavor nuance but just as good.
- And remember that you can serve this Christmas ham as a main dish, side dish or use the leftovers to prepare canapés and Christmas appetizers.
If you liked the recipe for Baked ham with honey, we suggest you to visit our Dinner recipes category.