This dish is perfect for weekday evenings but is hearty and delicious enough to be served to your guests.
Preparation time: 20min
Cooking time: 50min
Ready in : 1h10min
- 1 ½ cup Italian shredded cheese mixture
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian shredded cheese mixture
Steps of preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, combine 1 ½ cup Italian grated cheese mixture, garlic, basil, and oregano. In another bowl, combine parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Slice chicken breasts to thickness, keeping 1/2 inch of flesh attached to the side. Open jacketed chicken breasts. Flatten slightly. Stuff center of breasts with Italian cheese mixture. Close breasts on themselves and secure with toothpicks. Brush the outside of the stuffed breasts with the egg and dip them in the Parmesan cheese mixture. Arrange in the baking dish.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink, about 45 minutes. A meat thermometer inserted into the meat’s thickest part should read at least 165°F (64°C). Once the chicken is cooked, pour spaghetti sauce over it and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Italian shredded cheese mixture; cook for another 5 minutes.
If you liked this Italian pasta chicken recipe, I recommend you visit Dinner category for similar recipes.
Everything looks delish.