Lasagna goes back to the origin of the innovation of the method of preparing it to the Italians, but the word “lasagna” is a Greek word, meaning “cooking pot”, and lasagna is served in several ways. There is lasagna with minced meat, lasagna with vegetables, and lasagna with chicken, In this article, we will discuss how to prepare Italian lasagna.
- Ground meat: 500 grams
- Garlic: 2 cloves (crushed)
- Onions: 1 piece (chopped)
- Basil: 1 tablespoon (fresh and chopped)
- Oregano: 1 teaspoon (dried)
- Brown sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Tomatoes: can (mashed)
- Tomato paste: 4 tablespoons
- Lasagna dough: 12 slices
- Eggs: 2 pieces (scrambled)
- Ricotta cheese: 2 cups
- Parmesan cheese: 12 cup
- Parsley: 2 tablespoons (chopped)
- Mozzarella cheese: 12 cups (grated)
How to prepare
- Put the meat in a skillet over medium heat and stir until the meat turns brown.
- Add the garlic, onion, and stir.
- Add the fresh chopped basil, oregano, brown sugar, salt, mashed tomatoes, and tomato paste, and leave the mixture on the stove until the tomatoes are mixed with the meat for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil lasagna in salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Mix the scrambled eggs, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley
- Put a layer of the boiled lasagna in the oven dish and spread half the amount of the ricotta cheese mixture and half the amount of grated mozzarella cheese.
- Spread one-third of the tomato sauce with the minced meat and spread a pinch of Parmesan cheese.
- Add another layer of lasagna, then the mixture of ricotta cheese and the rest of the mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce with the meat and the rest of the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Put the dish in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Take the plate out of the oven, leave it for 10 minutes, then cut it, and serve.