Lemon Cream Cheese Bars Dessert, on the other hand, bring comfort and justify our greed… They know how to fill the stomach!
It doesn’t matter why; what matters is that it’s tasty!
So for the warm season, we prepare these tasty cream cheese bars with lemon!
- 2 8-ounce (226 g) packages of refrigerated crescent dough (like Pillsbury rolls), divided
- 2 lemons, zested and squeezed
- 2 8-ounce (226 g) packages of cream cheese (Philadelphia style), softened
- 1/2 cup (112.5 g) white sugar (+ 3 tablespoons/45 g)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) melted butter
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Press the contents of one of the crescent wrappers into the bottom of the prepared dish, stretching to the edges.
- Combine zest of 1 1/2 lemons and juice of 2 lemons in a bowl.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup (112.5 g) sugar into lemon zest mixture with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the mixture over the crescent roll layer.
- Unroll the second box of crescent dough and place it on top of the cream cheese mixture, gently stretching the dough around the edges.
- Brush the melted butter over the crescent dough layer.
- Combine remaining lemon zest and three tablespoons (45 g) sugar in a bowl and sprinkle over the second layer of dough
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Lift dessert from baking dish using paper and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into squares, leaving them on the sheet.
- Return dessert to a baking dish and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until completely cool.