Ready in about 50 minutes, this complete dish with deliciously seasoned chicken and potatoes cooked to perfection is a real treat for dinner.
- 2/3 cup (170 mL) + 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) paprika
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) garlic powder
- 2/3 cup (170 ml) hot sauce
- 6-8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 lbs (908 g) boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) mixed cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled bacon
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Spray a rectangular baking dish with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.
- Add cubed potatoes and toss to coat.
- Carefully pour the potatoes into the baking dish, leaving as much of the olive oil and hot sauce mixture in the bowl as possible.
- Bake the potatoes for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until they are cooked through and crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook chicken until lightly browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- Then add the cooked chicken to the bowl with the remaining olive oil and hot sauce and toss to coat.
- Once potatoes are fully cooked, remove from oven and lower oven temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Gently add the chicken to the cooked potatoes and mix.
- In a bowl, combine cheese, bacon and green onion and top chicken and potatoes with cheese mixture.
- Return dish to oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and topping is smooth.
- Serve hot with hot sauce or ranch dressing.