If you like Mexican food, you have surely tried more than one taco, so cheer up and follow this step-by-step recipe to learn how to prepare your Mexican tacos, with homemade corn tortillas and a finger-licking filling of ground beef and cheese.
These Mexican beef tacos are pretty easy to make, and the best part is that we will make the dough step by step. When you try them, you will love them and want to make them all the time, so we are waiting for your comments at the end of the recipe. Let’s cook!
Ingredients to make Mexican Beef Tacos:
- 1.67 Cups of Cornflour
- 100 grams of cooked ground beef (beef and pork) (about 3.5 lb)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- Grated cheese to taste
- 1½ cups of Water (360 milliliters)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 dash of Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard
- 1 handful of fresh Basil
How to make Mexican Beef Tacos:
- To eat some delicious Mexican tacos, the first thing we must do is to make the dough for the tortillas. Then, mix the flour with the Water and knead.
- The correct proportion is one and a half cups of Water for every two cups of flour, although a little more Water may be required depending on the type of flour we use.
- Knead until you get a homogeneous and smooth dough. Make medium-sized balls and flatten with a rolling pin or griddle, leaving circular tortillas with a thickness of approximately 1 cm.
- To cook the tortillas, place them on the hot griddle or frying pan and turn them every 30 seconds, at least 3 times, until golden brown. Remove and place on a napkin.
- Before assembling the Mexican tacos, we must have the ground beef ready. In this case, we have browned it seasoning it with chives, garlic, and spices.
- We must also prepare the lettuce and tomato salad with basil, salt, pepper, vinegar, oil, mustard, and a touch of sugar.
- To assemble our Mexican beef tacos, spread the tortilla, place the meat, the salad and finish with a good portion of grated cheese.
- You can also serve with a little pico de gallo or make more varieties of tacos, such as the famous tacos al pastor. Enjoy!
If you liked the recipe for Mexican beef tacos, we suggest you visit our Taco Recipes category. You can also visit a selection of the best Mexican recipes.