In My country, we LOVE corn. Sweet, crunchy, tasty, it confirms that summer has arrived. My recipe for BBQ grilled corn is perfect for taking you out of our traditions. With a creamy and spicy side, this recipe will surprise many. Don’t forget to soak the leaves in water once attached to prevent them from burning.
- 8 fresh corn
- 30 mL (2 tbsp.) melted salted butter
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) store-bought mayonnaise
- 2 limes
- 250 mL (1 cup) feta cheese
- 10 mL (2 tsp.) chili flakes
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) fresh coriander
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) 35% cream
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) store-bought onion chips (shallots)
- Preheat BBQ to high heat. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on 1/3 of the BBQ to not burn the corn leaves. (source: ineskohl.info)
- Peel the corn, keep the husk at the end of the cob, and tie it with a string. Soak the tied husks in water to prevent burning.
- Brush corn cobs with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on all four surfaces, making sure the foil protects the husks.
- While the corn is cooking, heat the cream in a small saucepan over low heat and melt the feta cheese, whisking gently so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Once the corn is cooked, brush the mayonnaise on each cob. Pour the feta cheese cream over the corn and add the cilantro, lime juice and zest, chili flakes, and shallot chips. Ineskohl Kitchen
- Serve immediately with plenty of napkins.
If you liked this recipes of Mexican Street Corn, I highly recommend you to visit the category of Dinner for similar recipes