Want to make a change for breakfast? It would be best if you cooked these Mini Cherry Cheese Danishes. Fresh out of the oven, it is a pure delight.
I propose it here with raspberry, but you could put your favorite jam on it.
Here’s the recipe; it’s straightforward and, above all, so delicious.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (usually comes 2 per box in the freezer)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (65 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) 35% cream
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) raspberry jam
- 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water For the glaze
- 1 cup (250 mL) powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons (15 ml) water
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) almond extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2-Put the frozen puff pastry sheet on a clean work surface and let thaw for 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the sugar into the cream cheese. Add cream and vanilla and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut it into four equal parts. Cut the 4 pieces into 4 to obtain 16 squares.
- With a knife, score an inner rectangle as shown. You don’t want to cut completely through.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the center of each puff pastry. Top with a few small dots of the jam, and swirl around with a toothpick.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and brush the sides of your puff pastries.
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before spreading the glaze. For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of water. . Add almond extract. Transfer frosting to a small Ziploc bag, seal and cut off the bottom corner. Decorate cooled danishes.