Monkey bread prepared with flavored buns or rolls baked in the same pan. This bread can be sweet or savory, and the one I’ll show you below has cinnamon and chocolate. It’s super delicious, try it!
For the dough
- 500g of flour
- 5g salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 7g baker’s yeast
- 50g butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 125g melted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g bitter cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
Preparation of the dough
- Place the flour, sugar, and baker’s yeast in a bowl. Mix with your fingers or a spoon and make a well in the center.
- Pour the warm milk, egg, butter, and salt.
- Stir and knead very well until a smooth and homogeneous dough is formed.
- Place in a bowl, cover with a cloth, and let rise until doubled in volume, preferably in a warm place.
- Once the dough has risen, place it on a floured surface and separate it into small balls about the size of a walnut.
- Preparation of the topping
- In a bowl, mix the cinnamon powder, bitter cocoa powder, and sugar.
- Dredge each dough ball in the melted butter and then in the cocoa mixture.
- Place the dough balls in a 29 × 12 cm pudding pan with non-stick sides and when finished, cover with a cloth and let rise for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bake the monkey bread in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40 minutes. To check if it is ready, introduce a knife and if the sound it makes when touching the base is hollow, remove it. Otherwise, leave it for a few more minutes.
- Unmold the monkey bread on a wire rack 10 minutes after removing it. Let cool and enjoy.
As you can see, this monkey bread recipe is very easy to make and it only requires a few ingredients. If you want to know more recipes like this one, go to the Baking category where you will find step-by-step instructions to make more puddings and sweetbreads, among other things.