New York Cheese Cake

New York Cheese Cake

Here is a step-by-step recipe for cheesecake with a graham cracker crust and cherry topping, Cherry Topped Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust

Prep time: 20 minutes

Bake time: 1 hour 45 minutes  

Chill time: 10-24 hours

Total time: 12-24 hours  

Yield: One 9-inch cheesecake, 8-10 servings


For the crust:

  • 9 whole graham cracker sheets (150g)  
  • 1 cup (100g) walnuts, toasted 
  • 1⁄4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 1⁄2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp (15g) all-purpose flour 
  • 5 tbsp (70g) unsalted butter, melted 

For the filling:

  • 4 (8-ounce) blocks of cream cheese, room temperature (900g)
  • 1 cup (225g) goat cheese   
  • 3⁄4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
  • 2 tsp (6g) cornstarch
  • 1⁄2 cup (115g) sour cream
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
  • 5 large eggs
  • 2 large egg yolks

For the cherry topping:

  • 12 oz (340g) frozen pitted dark cherries 
  • 1⁄4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • Pinch of salt


  1. Make the crust: Pulse graham crackers, walnuts, sugar, salt, and flour in a food processor until finely ground. With the motor running, slowly pour in the melted butter and process until evenly combined. 
  2. Press about 60% of the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Use a flat-bottomed glass to pack the crumbs down evenly. Press the remaining 40% of the crumbs into the sides of the pan to create a 2-layer crust. 
  3. Bake crust at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
  4. Make the filling: Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese and goat cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and cornstarch and mix for 1 minute more. source:
  5. Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla extract, and mix until incorporated about 30 seconds. Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Be careful not to overmix. 
  6. Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Bake at 325°F for 60 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for 45 more minutes. 
  7. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Then cover and refrigerate for at least 10 hours or up to 2 days.
  8. Make the cherry topping: Combine cherries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt in a saucepan. Cook over high heat for 5-6 minutes until syrupy. Let cool completely before using.
  9. To serve, run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake and remove the springform sides. Top cheesecake slices with cherry topping. Enjoy!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You cannot copy content of this page