When we receive guests, it is often difficult to vary our desserts. We always choose our favorite recipes, the ones that don’t take us forever to cook.
The recipe that we propose a little below is one of the recipes that we like to cook because it is not difficult to make and it doesn’t take much time to cook. So you will be able to spend more time relaxing before your guests arrive… and everyone will love this dessert.
With Quebec strawberries starting to appear on grocery store shelves or that we can go pick directly from the fields, this dessert will only be =better. You will fall under its charm from the very first bite.
- 3 1/2 cups whipped cream, divided (2 cups 35% cream, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- A packet of vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of cold milk
- 12 graham crackers
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries mixture, divided
- In a blender, whip the cream to obtain soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip only when stiff peaks form. Reserve 1/2 cup of whipped cream for garnish.
- In a large bowl, make the pudding according to package directions using the 2 cups of cold milk. Let thicken for 5 minutes, then stir in 3 cups of whipped cream.
- In an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of cream.
- Place graham crackers on top so that the whipped cream is well covered.
- Add half of the cream mixture on top and place a layer of strawberry slices.
- Repeat previous layers, finishing with whipped cream.
- Decorate with your prettiest strawberries.
- Sprinkle some graham crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
A guaranteed success!
Note: you can replace the strawberries with the fruit of your choice, a blueberry and raspberry version would be perfect depending on the fruit in season!