A delicious bread, just like at the bakery with a crispy, golden crust.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of yeast, active dry or instant (1 g)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (6 g)
- 1 1/2 cups hot, non-boiling water (354 mL) hot tap water at approximately 125-130° F
- (approx. 2 tablespoons of extra flour)
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add water and stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, transfer the dough to a well-floured surface and sprinkle the dough with a little flour.
- Fold the dough more than 10 to 12 times and form a ball.
- Place the ball of dough in a bowl lined with parchment paper and cover with a towel. Let stand on the counter for about 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the Dutch oven with the lid on in a cold oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. My oven takes 35 minutes to reach 450 degrees F.
- When the oven reaches 450 degrees, carefully remove it from the oven, lift the parchment paper and dough from the bowl and gently place it in the hot dish. (Place the parchment paper also in the hot dish).
- Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid and parchment paper.
- Put back in the oven, uncovered, for another 10 to 15 minutes.