This dish is delicious; it is self-sufficient; it is dietetic (no added fat).
- 1 macerated cabbage
- 2.2 lb of pork (belly)
- 2 large onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 25 grams of raw rice
- 15 g bread soaked in water
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- sweet paprika
- Once you have your cabbage, detach the leaves one by one without breaking them, soak them in icy water several times (to remove the cabbage’s acidity).
- Then make your stuffing, chop the pork, 1 onion, garlic, bread, mix well.
- Add the egg, salt, pepper, and raw rice, season to your taste.
- Take a bowl onboard high enough.
- Take a cabbage leaf, put a ball of stuffing on it (be careful not to make it too big because the rice will swell the stuffing).
- Fold the cabbage’s side over the stuffing, roll up a little and fold the sides again, and so on to form a ball of cabbage well closed (it must not open during cooking).
- Reserve the damaged or too small leaves.
- Once your balls are formed, cut an onion into strips to make a small mat, put your balls in the bowl, cut the rest of the leaves you have reserved into strips, and put them on top of your balls.
- Sprinkle generously with saltwater and SWEET paprika. The broth must be red.
- Let it cook for at least 2 hours. If necessary, rectify the broth with water and paprika (the broth must be very red).
- Once cooked.
- It’s delicious, and it’s perfect for winter cold nights.
- Enjoy your meal.