Follow the step by step of this typical Spanish food recipe and learn how to prepare oxtail. An aromatic stew with a lot of flavors thanks to the wine and the vegetable stir-fry.
Oxtail is a piece of bull or cow meat that is usually prepared stewed, as we show you in this step-by-step recipe.
Ingredients for making oxtail step by step:
- 800 grams of oxtail
- 60 milliliters of dry red wine
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 purple onion or purple egg onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 pinch of Salt and Pepper
How to make oxtail step by step:
- Start by getting all the ingredients ready to prepare the oxtail stew.
- Peel and chop the carrot along with the bell pepper, garlic, and onion.
- In a pressure cooker we put the oil and our vegetables to fry.
- Cut the oxtail into four pieces and flour each one of them.
- Put the oxtail pieces in the pot with the fried vegetables and let the meat brown a little. Then add the wine and water until it covers the pieces of oxtail. Cover and let it cook for approximately 2 hours.
- I recommend checking the pot from time to time to check the water level and the hardness of the meat, at the end we will leave the pot open to reduce the sauce, at that moment we rectify the salt and pepper.
- Enjoy the oxtail in wine and serve it with white rice or baked potatoes with fine herbs, we assure you that it will be a perfect dinner.
If you liked the recipe of Oxtail step by step, we suggest you to visit our category of dinner recipes. You can also visit a selection of the best Spanish recipes.