Ingredients for Peach Cake
- 3 Cups of flour for pastry making
- One and a half cups of sugar
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 Yogurt Macedonia (or a flavor that combines well)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of yeast
- 4 Peach Halves
- *MEASUREMENTS ARE YOGURT CUPS
There are days when you feel like something sweet (almost every day for me, to be honest… ) and looking, looking I found a can of peaches in syrup, the big ones, and I said to myself…Let’s get to work!
This peach sponge cake is very moist inside, but well done. It is a mix between cake and sponge cake and you will see how delicious it is. It is very similar to the traditional yogurt cake but with peach.
If you feel like trying another sponge cake recipe, try this honey and cinnamon sponge cake. It smells and tastes spectacular.
Come on, let’s go! Let’s go to the kitchen.
How to Prepare the Peach Cake
- To make this peach sponge cake the first thing you have to prepare is a large bowl to be able to mix the ingredients easily.
- Then add the eggs and sugar and mix well until you see that a thick cream is formed.
- Now it is time to add the oil and the yogurt. Also add the well-drained peach halves.
- When you have it, beat well with the mixer until there are no lumps and you can see pieces of peach.
- Finally, add the flour and baking powder and beat again until well blended.
Baking the Peach Sponge Cake
- Prepare the pan you are going to use and butter it all over to make sure the cake does not stick and that you can remove it easily.
- Pour the cake mixture into the pan.
- Now it is time to put it in the oven, which will be preheated at 170 ºC for about 1 hour.
- Before taking it out of the oven, prick it with a needle and if it comes out dry, the cake is well done inside and you can take it out of the oven.
- Let it cool for a moment, 5 or 10 minutes and take it out to cool completely out of the mold.
- And enjoy this wonderful peach cake!