Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe:
- 48 Hershey’s® kisses
- 1⁄3 cup (35g) coconut sugar
- 1⁄3 cup (8g) sweetener
- 1⁄4 cup (65g) creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1⁄4 cup (60mL) coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1⁄2 tsp salt optional: sugar/sweetener for rolling
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups (160g) oat flour
- Let’s start with our dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, add salt, baking soda, and sifted oat flour. Whisk to combine. Now, for our wet ingredients. In a separate mixing bowl, add melted coconut oil, apple sauce, and peanut butter.
- Use a hand mixer to whisk it up. Then, add stevia or sweetener of choice and coconut sugar, and whisk it up again.
- Add an egg, and if you get a double-yolk like I did, don’t worry! It’s good luck – I think.
- Also, add in almond milk and vanilla extract. Again, mix it together. Lastly, we’re going to add half of our dry mix and continue to mix until integrated, and then add in the rest. Once combined, transfer to the refrigerator and let the dough firm up for about thirty minutes.
- Once nice and chilled, use a cookie scoop to spoon out some of your dough and roll it into a ball. If you’d like, you can dip your dough ball into sugar and coat completely.
- Then, you’ll want to transfer to a baking sheet, lined with parchment and sprayed.
- Once you’ve filled up your baking sheet, go ahead and use your fingers to slightly flatten out your dough balls.
- Bake in an oven preheated to three hundred and seventy-five degrees Fahrenheit for eight to ten minutes.
- Once baked, while your cookies are still warm and soft, go ahead and top each one with a Kiss or Hug.
- I’m a Hug kinda gal, because I love white chocolate!
- Transfer to a baking rack to cool. Now, all that’s left to do is serve and devour! Ho ho ho!