Peanut butter, several local brands producing it, and many healthy influencers recommending it, we find more and more recipes with this peanut paste that is an excellent ingredient.
Like today’s, from Ineskohl Kitchen, these chocolate-covered peanut butter truffles are an explosion of flavour to share for a sweet afternoon. They are easy to make and impossible to fail.
- 226 grams room temperature cream cheese.
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter + 1/3 cup extra for decoration
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 226 grams of milk chocolate chips
- Crunchies (optional)
- Place the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar in a bowl and mix well until everything is incorporated. If desired, add some crunchies to give the filling more texture. Wrap the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie (in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water) or a microwave oven, stirring every 30 seconds. Using an ice cream scoop, separate small peanut butter balls and dip them into the melted chocolate until completely covered. Place the truffles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- When they are all done, refrigerate them for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1/3 cup of peanut butter (in a double boiler or the microwave) and place it in a piping bag. Remove the truffles from the refrigerator and decorate them with peanut butter. And that’s it!