PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 40 MINS
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Knorr® Beef Flavored Bouillon, divided.
- 1 pound beef steak or your preferred cut, flattened to ¼ inch thick, approx. 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1 onion, medium sliced
- 1 poblano bell pepper, roasted, peeled, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas for burritos
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Knorr® Beef Flavored Broth over steaks.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add steaks in batches, and cook for 40 seconds per side until the desired doneness. (Be sure not to overcook so that the meat is juicy). Remove steak and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat and cook the onion, frequently stirring, until soft and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add the Poblano chile and garlic, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add the water, cilantro, ½ tablespoon of the remaining broth, and cook, stirring until well blended, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Chop steaks. Heat 1 tortilla in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Place ¼ of the chopped steaks, ¼ of the onion mixture, and ¼ of the cheese on half of the tortilla. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling.
- Cook over medium-high heat, pressing down with a spatula until the tortilla is golden brown on the bottom. Carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook until lightly browned on the other side. The cheese is melted for about 2 minutes. Remove the quesadilla and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- To serve, cut the quesadilla into triangles.