In Mexican cuisine there are many types of pico de gallo. We can find the salty variety, which is the most typical and has the colors of the Mexican flag because its main ingredients are green bell pepper, tomato and onion. On the other hand we also have the sweet pico de gallo, which has fruits like mango and watermelon. Or the variety of Yucatan, with habanero bell pepper and orange.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE PICO DE GALLO
- 1 onion
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- Cilantro to taste
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 1 Lime
- Punch of salt
HOW TO MAKE PICO DE GALLO
- We start by washing the peppers, removing the seeds and cutting them into small squares.
- As we have done with the peppers, we proceed to cut the onion into small pieces.
- If the tomato has a very thick skin we can peel it first. If the tomatoes have thin skins, we can also dice them.
- Finish cutting the rest of the ingredients, such as the jalapenos, and chop the coriander. If you do not like the taste of coriander, you can substitute it with parsley.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and season them with the juice of the lime and a touch of salt according to our taste.