In today’s post, we’ll venture into a magical fusion of two iconic dishes: a classic pepperoni pizza and a comforting burger pie. Meet the Pizza Burger Pie – an innovative recipe guaranteed to tickle your taste buds!
- 1 pound of lean ground beef (7% fat content)
- 2/3 cup of Bisquick
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced
- A handful of fresh mushrooms, cleaned
- 14 ounces of pizza sauce (one jar)
- 12 to 16 ounces of sausage
- 1/2 block of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 block of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 slices of Canadian bacon
- Pepperoni slices to taste
- Extra mozzarella for topping
- Jalapenos to taste (optional)
- Preheat your grill (or oven) to 400°F (204°C). Outdoor cooking gives the dish a unique flavor, but you can also bake this in your oven if preferred.
- In a pan, brown the lean ground beef. Once cooked, turn off the heat, remove the beef, and drain any excess fat.
- In a bowl, whisk together two eggs, Bisquick, and milk until combined.
- Return the cooked ground beef to the pan. Add the mushrooms, pour in the pizza sauce, and mix well.
- Next, stir in the sliced green bell pepper and the Vidalia onion. Remember, you can adjust the quantity of onion according to your taste.
- Pour the Bisquick, egg, and milk mixture over the beef and veggies, ensuring it distributes evenly.
- Add in the sausage. For authenticity, I usually add in between 12-16 ounces. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Now, layer the shredded cheddar cheese and mozzarella onto the mix.
- Sprinkle the dried oregano and basil over the cheese layer. If you have fresh basil, even better!
- Now, it’s time for Canadian bacon! Lay the bacon slices onto the pie. It’s okay if you don’t have the real deal, American ‘Canadian bacon’ works just fine too.
- Add a layer of pepperoni slices because, let’s face it, it’s not a pizza without some pepperoni!
- As an optional step, add some jalapenos to spice things up.
- Cover the top with a layer of extra mozzarella and put the pie into the preheated grill.
- Cook the pie for about 50 minutes at around 400°F (204°C). Monitor the grill temperature and adjust if needed.
- Check the pie for doneness. It should feel firm to the touch. If not, give it another 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the pie cool down for about 10 minutes before you slice it up.
Take a bite and savor the cheesy, meaty goodness of this pizza burger pie. With the Bisquick giving it a pleasant fluffiness and the pizza sauce adding tanginess, it is a surprisingly delightful dish. If you love crispy, traditional pizza crusts, this might be a unique change for you.
So, why wait? Get your hands on these ingredients and let’s turn an ordinary day into a backyard cooking adventure. And remember, this Pizza Burger Pie can be personalized to your taste, so don’t hesitate to get creative with your toppings!
For more delightful recipes, keep visiting https://ineskohl.info. Don’t forget to share your culinary creations with us. Happy cooking!