A different way of eating pizza. This time we will use the same dough that we use to prepare pizza, to make these colorful and tasty rolls.
Ingredients for Pizza Rolls
For 12 rolls
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 sachet of baker’s dry yeast
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 100 gr. of cream cheese with herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 50 gr. of Serrano ham
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 100 gr. grated Parmesan cheese
- flour for sprinkling
- 125 ml. mineral water
Preparation for Pizza Rolls
- We will sift the flour into the food processor bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add the yeast and sugar.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and spread both the cubes and the salt around the edges of the bowl.
- Pour the warm mineral water into the hollow and mix with the kneading attachment until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rise for 1 hour until it has almost doubled in volume.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Wash the zucchini, cut off the ends, and cut it into small cubes.
- Cut the ham into thin strips.
- Heat the oven to 200ºC.
- Stretch the dough on a floured surface to obtain a rectangle of about 20 X 30 cm.
- Spread it with the ketchup, leaving a 1 cm border.
- Spread the onion, the zucchini, and the ham evenly, seasoning it with salt, pepper, and thyme to taste.
- Sprinkle the pizza with the grated cheese.
- Roll the pizza on the wide side, pressing the fold, to fix it.
- With a thin knife, cut the pizza into 12 rolls.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- We will introduce the tray in the oven, at medium height, for 20 minutes.