This recipe is quick to prepare and then cooks itself in the oven. And it tastes good too! The fat from the meat flavors the potatoes, and the dish is not at all dry. I added a little bit of béchamel because I was a little afraid of the result, it just added a little more sauce, and it was perfect.
PREPARATION TIME: 25 minutes
COOKING TIME: 1h15
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
- 2 pork chops in the loin
- 500 g of potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 40 g of butter
- 4 tablespoons of ready-made Béchamel sauce (I use the one from Elle & Vire in the refrigerated section)
- 1 tablespoon of herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper from the mill
How to prepare
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel and chop the garlic and onion.
- Rinse the bell pepper and cut it into strips.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Salt and pepper the pork chops on both sides.
- Oil a casserole dish and arrange a layer of potatoes, onion, bell pepper, chopped garlic, and the béchamel sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with herbs de Provence and paprika.
- Place the pork chops next to each other on the potatoes.
- Put back a layer of potatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with herbs de Provence and paprika.
- Sprinkle with a few knobs of butter and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.