Have you ever tried the typical English breakfast porridge? This porridge is fabulous to acquire the necessary energy in our day today. Especially if you are an athlete, this oatmeal dish better known as English porridge gives you the carbohydrates you need to face your physical activity. Also, you can accompany the oat porridge with a multitude of ingredients such as fresh fruit, nuts, and seeds.
If you want to learn how to eat oatmeal for breakfast, stay tuned to Ineskohl.info and discover this traditional English porridge recipe that you can eat all year round. Leave us your comments!
Additional features: Cheap cost, Recommended for athletes, Recommended for vegetarians, Ideal to accompany with natural juice, Boiled, Traditional recipe from the UK
Ingredients to make Porridge:
- ½ cup oat flakes
- 1 cup of milk (240 milliliters)
- 1 pinch of salt
To accompany (optional):
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of raspberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, honey, agave, or another liquid sweetener
How to make Porridge:
- The traditional porridge recipe indicates that it is important to toast the oatmeal lightly before starting the preparation to make it tastier. Therefore, we have toasted the oat flakes in a frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring well with a spoon.
- Heat the oats and milk in a saucepan over medium heat and start stirring. This recipe can be prepared with milk, vegetable milk, or water, depending on how you like your porridge.
- Next, we put a pinch of salt and continue stirring. The salt makes the porridge oatmeal enhance its flavor.
- Let the porridge cook until it has the consistency of soft porridge. If you like it thicker you can cook it a little longer and if you prefer it lighter, you can add more liquid. The important thing is that it is creamy.
- We accompany this fitness oat porridge with some banana slices and a few wild berries such as raspberries and blueberries. We will also garnish with maple or agave syrup, or honey.
This porridge is perfect for breakfast, but some people make porridge for dinner, we leave it to your taste.
If you liked the Porridge recipe, we suggest you visit our Dinner recipes category.