Bread is usually one of the most appreciated foods, this time we want to share with you how to prepare it in one of its healthiest versions, pumpkin bread. It is characterized by a light and soft dough, which is nutritious, in addition, its preparation is quite simple. In addition, as we have said, the properties of cooked pumpkins are very interesting.
- 500 grams of pumpkin. If you have bought it whole, you can keep the pumpkin seeds inside to eat later. (about 4 1/3 US cups)
- 4 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of baker’s yeast.
- 2 tablespoons of honey (you can avoid it if you want saltier bread).
- 2 tablespoons of salt.
How to make pumpkin bread
For the best and easiest pumpkin bread or pumpkin pancake these are the steps:
- Boil water with a little salt, once it starts boiling add the chopped pumpkin and let it cook for 20 minutes with low heat, it should be left until it is soft. Once ready, drain and reserve the water.
- Then mash the pumpkin, it can be with a fork, kitchen masher, or in a more practical way with an electric mixer, the objective is to obtain a puree that should be left to cool.
- Then mix the yeast with 60 ml of the water used for cooking, let it stand for 5 minutes until it dissolves, when this has happened add the honey and stir.
- In a bowl mix the flour and salt, when they are mixed, make a hole in the center, add there the water with the yeast followed by the pumpkin.
- Gradually mix everything together, the result should be a thick and sticky dough.
- Once the dough is ready, put it on a smooth surface covered with flour, knead it for about 10 minutes or until the dough becomes homogeneous and elastic.
- Then, put it in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. It is necessary to let it rest for 1 hour and a half so that it increases its size. After this time, knead it for another few minutes and give it a circular shape. If you want to make pumpkin muffins or buns, just separate the dough into small balls of the desired size and follow the same steps of the recipe.
- Place on a baking sheet that must be previously covered with oil and let it rest once again for 1 hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220º C until the bread turns golden brown, this takes approximately 40 minutes.
- Then let it cool on a rack, as for decoration you can put pumpkin seeds or nuts on top, you can also make a glaze with an egg yolk and a tablespoon of milk.
I hope you liked this easy homemade pumpkin bread recipe that we have so lovingly brought to you.