Pumpkin cheesecake was the cake I chose this week for the after-dinner family meal on Sunday. every time we see cheesecakes in the cooking blog with different toppings to which we were used, we have always seen those that carry jam or strawberry or blueberry jelly but lately are already using other ingredients such as chocolate toffee or pumpkin which is what I have chosen today. Today’s cake is a classic cheesecake recipe with a sponge cake base, which can be replaced by buttery cookie cake if we like it better. I prefer the sponge cake for the simple fact that it absorbs part of the cheese and cream mixture, forming two uniform layers.to cover the cake, I have prepared a light cream of roasted pumpkin with a little sugar and butter to give it a little shine. Taking advantage of a pumpkin that I had roasted since we are in full season and I usually roast at least one pumpkin every week.this type of cake are better overnight.it is better to prepare them in advance so that the flavors settle more and we can enjoy a delicious cake.
Recipe type: dessert,
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
For the base
a sheet of sponge cake
For the filling
- 3 eggs
- 1 terrine of cream cheese
- 200 gr of whipping cream
- 100 g sugar
For the topping
- 200 gr roasted pumpkin
- 50 gr pumpkin
- 25 gr butter (room temperature)
- Place the sponge cake sheet in a mold.
- Put all the ingredients in the glass of the thermomix, mix 5 seconds at speed 5.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- We put about 45 minutes at 180º.
- While we prepare the cover, put the ingredients in the glass, mix about 10 seconds at speed 3.
- Cover the cake when it is cold and let it rest in the refrigerator until the next day.