Jam is great for making delicious breakfasts, snacks, and dinners, and it will be much tastier if we prepare it ourselves at home. Therefore, today we teach you how to make homemade strawberry jam.
It is a very easy recipe and you will have jam for a long time. Of course, before you start preparing the jam, make sure you have glass jars with lids (if they have airtight closure, better) to store them.
- 1 Kilo(s) of strawberries (about 2.2 lbs)
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) water
- Juice of one lemon
- The first thing we have to do is to remove the stems from the strawberries and set them aside.
- In a blender glass, we place a little less than half of the kilo of strawberries and blend them with the lemon juice and the glass of water.
- Then, in a saucepan, we put this juice that we have just taken out of the blender glass together with the glass of sugar. Over low heat, let it cook for 25 to 30 minutes, always stirring with a wooden spoon so that the mixture does not stick.
- While the contents of the pot are cooking, cut the rest of the strawberries into pieces and add them to the pot.
- Let the rest of the cooking time pass, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- If you like the jam without pieces, what you should do once it has finished cooking is to pass it through the blender to crush the strawberries. If you like it with chunks, just leave it like this.
- Finally, we have to let our jam cool in the glass jars where we are going to keep it. We leave them open and wait for them to cool completely.
- It is good that, once they have cooled, we close them and put them for 24 hours in the refrigerator, so that the ingredients settle and the flavor is better.
- Once this time has passed, we can freeze the jars or autoclave or vacuum pack them so that they last a long time in our pantry.
- The last thing left is to enjoy your jam on toast or crackers, for example. Although if you like to innovate, you can use it as an accompaniment for an appetizer, such as the fried mozzarella sticks that we show you how to prepare in this other post.