Pork loin stuffed with hard-boiled eggs and green olives, roasted in the oven and garnished with onions, potatoes, and sweet carrots. This garnish can also accompany roast chicken or turkey, or pork ham cooked in sherry.
- 1.200 kg whole pork loin
- 3 hard-boiled whole hard-boiled eggs
- 1 handful of pitted green olives
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- to taste Salt
For the garnish
- 5 medium potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 large onions
- 2 glasses of white wine
- ½ cup water or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lard
- Hollow out the pork loin and add the whole hard-boiled eggs and the olives. Place it on a piece of foil and season it with oregano, pepper, oil, and salt to taste. Wrap it with paper and bake it for approximately 20 minutes at moderate temperature.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, carrots, and onions, cut them into medium pieces, and saute them in a saucepan with olive oil and melted lard until lightly browned. Add the white wine and let it reduce by half.
- Add the sugar, season with pepper, nutmeg, and salt to taste and mix. Pour the water or broth and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are soft and a kind of sauce is formed. Set aside.
- Remove the loin from the oven to remove the foil and continue baking until golden brown. To serve it, cut it in slices and accompany it with onions, potatoes, and sweet carrots in its sauce.