If you’re a fan of mushrooms, you’ll love these roasted mushrooms with garlic and balsamic vinegar. A very easy and quick side dish or starter: mushrooms, shallot, garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, spices and herbs.
A delicious recipe, quick and easy: roasted mushrooms with garlic and balsamic vinegar. As a starter or as a side dish with meat, poultry (e.g. roast chicken), fish, … If you serve it as a side dish, I advise you to double the quantities (1 kg of mushrooms) for 4 people.
- 1 ovenproof dish
- 500 g of small button mushrooms, whole or sliced (about 1.1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of sage I put oregano
- salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley or coriander to serve (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C | 400°F.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, shallot, spices, salt and pepper in a salad bowl.
- Add the mushrooms and mix well.
- Arrange your mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet or large ovenproof dish.
- Place in the oven and roast until the mushrooms are tender—about 20 minutes. More or less, depending on the size of your mushrooms. Stir the mushrooms occasionally or just halfway through cooking if they are small.
- If desired, sprinkle your mushrooms with chopped parsley just before serving. Enjoy!
1. You can mix several types of mushrooms together.
2. Don’t hesitate to vary the spices and herbs according to your taste.
3. You can add other vegetables to roast with the mushrooms: peppers, onions, zucchini, eggplant, etc.