Roasted sweet potatoes are an easy option to prepare and admit a thousand different versions, although it may not seem so at first sight. Their flavor allows to enhances the sweet or salty touch. If you want to give strength to the first one, it is best to season them with a little honey, a pinch of cinnamon and orange juice. Below, we will see step by step how to prepare excellent salted baked sweet potatoes to enjoy and savor.
- 1 kg of sweet potatoes (of the type you prefer).
- 1 clove of garlic
- Virgin olive oil
- A teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 pinch of chili peppers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare roasted sweet potatoes:
- First, wash the sweet potatoes well to cook them in their skins. This way they will keep all their properties and will be crispy on the outside, without losing moisture.
- Next, cut them into medium-sized pieces of similar size to cook evenly and caramelize better.
- In a bowl, mix the finely chopped garlic and add the oil, the teaspoon of honey, the oregano, and the thyme. Whisk to integrate well and set aside.
- Place the chopped sweet potatoes in the bowl and mix well to infuse the flavor. Add salt, pepper, and add the chili pepper if you want to give them a spicy touch.
- Arrange a baking dish and oil it. Place the sweet potatoes and pour a dash of olive oil on top.
- Put them in a preheated oven at 200° and roast them for forty minutes, turning them over halfway through cooking.
- Once they are golden brown, remove them and sprinkle with a little chopped parsley.
That’s all, in a few minutes, you will be able to serve an excellent side dish that goes well with an infinite number of dishes. Be sure to make these roasted sweet potatoes; they provide multiple benefits to the body and can be prepared in various ways. To enjoy and not get bored in the kitchen.