The egg salad sandwich is a delicious classic that you should not miss. It is very easy to prepare and has a mild flavor perfect for children, plus, with a little imagination and creativity you can serve it as a delicious appetizer for a special dinner, such as the upcoming Christmas dinner.
Ingredients to make Sandwich with egg salad:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 potato
- 1½ tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley
- 1 pinch of Garlic powder
- 4 slices of whole wheat sandwich bread
How to make Sandwich with Egg Salad:
- To make these delicious sandwiches the first thing we have to do is the hard-boiled egg salad. To do this, cook the egg in a pot with boiling water and a pinch of salt for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the potato very well and also cook it in a pot with boiling water until it softens. Then peel and cut into cubes. Be careful not to overcook, we are not interested in a mashed potato if it is slightly soft.
- When the egg is ready, cut it into squares, mix it with the potato and the rest of the salad ingredients. Check the seasoning and add more mustard or salt if necessary. If you want more details about this preparation visit the step-by-step recipe for hard-boiled egg salad.
- To make the sandwich you can use any type of bread, although I have preferred to use whole wheat bread.
- Before assembling the sandwich with salad, toast the bread slices a little using a traditional toaster or frying pan. Then add a good portion of salad on one of the slices and cover with the other.
- Enjoy this egg salad sandwich for breakfast or dinner. This type of recipe is great to take on a picnic or beach getaway. Other dishes that are also perfect to take on the go are pasta and tuna salad and chicken Milanese.
If you liked the recipe for Sandwich with egg salad, we suggest you visit our category of Dinner Recipes recipes.