Hello, it’s Ines from Ineskohl Kitchen, your stop for a culinary adventure infused with a sprinkle of joy! Today, I have a recipe for you that’s as pleasing to the palate as it is simple to whip up. Our star of the show is the delightful Sausage Cream Cheese Party Roll. It’s a quartet symphony of flavors and textures, making for a delightful appetizer or a delightful brunch addition. The recipe’s simplicity belies its deliciousness, so without further ado, let’s embark on this culinary journey!
- 1/2 lb of sausage (Pork or turkey, your choice)
- 2 oz of cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package of crescent rolls (8-count)
- 2 teaspoons of dry ranch seasoning mix
The sausage offers a burst of flavor, and I often prefer turkey for its leaner profile. The cream cheese adds a rich, smooth texture that is sure to leave you smacking your lips. The crescent rolls are our crispy vessels for these flavors, and the ranch seasoning ties everything together with a tangy zip.
- Begin by warming up a lightly greased skillet. Add your chosen sausage, breaking it up into small bits as it cooks. This step is vital for ensuring each bite of your rolls has an even distribution of that juicy sausage flavor.
- When the sausage is cooked, reduce the heat to low and toss in your cubed cream cheese. The low heat will gently melt the cream cheese, allowing it to blend seamlessly with the sausage. Stir this until it’s a uniform, creamy mix. Your kitchen should already be filling up with mouthwatering aromas at this point!
- Next, it’s time for our magic ingredient – the dry ranch seasoning mix. Sprinkle this all over your creamy sausage mix. This seasoning brings an irreplaceable tangy flavor that elevates the dish. Stir it in thoroughly to make sure each sausage crumb is coated with this flavor-packed goodness.
- Then, unroll your crescent dough, splitting it into the pre-cut triangles. If you’re in the mood for larger rolls, feel free to leave them as is. However, for bite-sized party appetizers, I recommend slicing each triangle in half. These mini delights are perfect for a brunch spread or a party where finger foods reign supreme. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Distribute your sausage and cream cheese mixture evenly amongst the dough triangles. Start rolling them up from the wider end towards the pointy tip, ensuring the filling stays tucked in. Be gentle, yet firm, to keep all that flavorful goodness safely enclosed.
- Finally, bake your rolls in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 11 to 13 minutes or until golden-brown and flaky. It’s fascinating how the filling stays snugly inside, rewarding you with a burst of flavor with each bite.
The end result? Bite-sized crescent rolls, warm and toasty from the oven, filled with a juicy sausage and cream cheese mixture that simply melts in your mouth. The delightful contrast between the crispy, flaky exterior and the smooth, creamy interior makes these rolls a real treat!
The first time I created these party rolls, I was amazed by the seamless blend of flavors, and I hope you experience the same joy while preparing and savoring them. Enjoy sharing this delicious treat at your next gathering or as a special brunch menu item. The simplicity of this dish, paired with its deliciousness, is a true testament to the idea that sometimes, less is more.
Happy cooking, and remember, the kitchen is not just a place to cook; it’s a space to create joy and memories. Until next time!