Hey there, fellow food lovers! Ineskohl Kitchen here, and today I’ve got a fantastic, easy, and delicious breakfast recipe for you. It’s perfect for those early mornings when you want something sweet and satisfying. We’re making Cherry Cream Cheese Danish using crescent rolls! So let’s get started, and trust me, you’re gonna love this one.
Can I use other pie fillings instead of cherry?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with the fillings. Blueberry, apple, or even strawberry would work wonders too. Just make sure to warm it up a bit before adding it to the danishes.
I’m not a fan of cream cheese. Is there an alternative I can use?
A: You bet! If cream cheese isn’t your thing, you can try using mascarpone or ricotta cheese instead. Just remember to adjust the sugar and vanilla extract accordingly to achieve the right level of sweetness.
Can I freeze the unbaked danishes?
Yes, you can! Simply prepare the danishes up to step 7, then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze them until firm, then transfer them to a freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to bake, place the frozen danishes on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F (175°C) for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Can I make these danishes with homemade crescent roll dough?
Of course! If you’re feeling adventurous and want to make your own crescent roll dough from scratch, go for it! Just follow your favorite recipe and then proceed with the steps in the Cherry Cream Cheese Danish recipe.
- 1 can (8 oz) crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Brown sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
For the Glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1-2 tbsp cream cheese filling
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls, separating them into rectangles (2 triangles together). Press the perforated seams together to create a solid rectangle.
- Brush each rectangle with melted butter and sprinkle with a little brown sugar.
- Roll up the rectangles starting from the longer side, then coil each roll into a spiral. Press the center down to create a well for the filling.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and place the spirals onto the sheet. (source: Ineskohl.info)
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each spiral.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the danishes are baking, warm the cherry pie filling in a saucepan or microwave.
- Remove the danishes from the oven and spoon a dollop of cherry pie filling onto each.
- To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix in some of the cream cheese filling, if desired. Stir until smooth and lump-free.
- Drizzle the glaze over the finished danishes, and voilà! Your Cherry Cream Cheese Danish is ready to be devoured.
So there you have it, folks! A scrumptious, easy-to-make Cherry Cream Cheese Danish that’s perfect for a cozy morning by the fire with your favorite drink. Give this recipe a try, and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. Don’t forget to check out more delicious recipes on my blog, Ineskohl Kitchen, at ineskohl.info. Happy cooking, everyone!