If you have a party or a family gathering and want to surprise everyone with an exotic appetizer, this easy shrimp cocktail is a perfect choice! This dish is ideal for a few beers on a summer afternoon with a spicy and fresh flavor.
Cheer up and try this shrimp cocktail that we show you in Ineskohl.info, it is time for you to try new recipes, and there is nothing better than starting with something original, easy to prepare, and that you can share with your family.
Ingredients to make an easy shrimp cocktail:
- 1 kilogram of Shrimp or Prawns.
- 2 liters of water
- 2 pieces of red tomatoes
- 2 pieces of onion
- 2 pieces of avocado
- 2 cups of tomato sauce, ketchup type
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 pieces of lemon
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1 sprig of Cilantro
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 pieces of Serrano green peppers
How to make easy shrimp cocktail:
- Wash the shrimp well and place in a pot with all the water, half the onion, and garlic. Cook the ingredients until the shrimp are done and let it come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the tomato, the rest of the onion and avocado, the chiles in thin slices, and the cilantro as finely as possible. Also, squeeze the lemons and set the juice aside.
- Next, place the tomato, onion, cilantro, green chile, and avocado in a large bowl along with the shrimp previously peeled. Add the tomato sauce and hot pepper and stir well.
- Then, add the lime juice and a little of the shrimp cooking broth to this mixture. Add little by little and correct the seasoning with more salt, pepper, or spice if necessary.
- Serve the shrimp cocktail in individual glasses and decorate each glass with a lemon wedge. This appetizer should be served with crackers; I hope you enjoy it! And if you want to compare this one with other recipes, you have the tiger shrimp cocktail and the creamy shrimp cocktail recipe.
If you liked the recipe for the Easy shrimp cocktail, we suggest you enter our Shrimp Recipes category.
A very spicy dish
- A shrimp cocktail is usually a dish with acidic and spicy flavors, but this is not mandatory.
- If you want to feel a little spicy in your cocktail, we recommend using sauces such as the famous Valentina sauce, a Mexican sauce that has a mild flavor compared to other sauces of the same type.
- To complete and enhance the flavors, you can add other vegetable ingredients such as cucumber. Cucumber gives a unique touch of freshness and helps to control the spicy flavor.