Potatoes, bacon, and cheese make an excellent mix. Especially when using the slow cooker!
The following recipe will make a fabulous accompaniment to all your fall and winter dishes.
And who can resist good potatoes topped with melting cheese and bacon?
- 2 lb. red potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 lbs bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 pouch of ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, water, and seasoning packet.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes in a large bowl. Stir to coat all the potatoes.
- In a lightly oiled slow cooker, add 1/3 of the potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the bacon and 1/3 of the cheddar cheese. Repeat 2 times with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese (1/2 cup reserved) and cover again, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Serve with sour cream and freshly chopped chives.