This Sopapilla Cheesecake dessert is extremely simple to make, and everywhere I take it, people ask me for the recipe.
- 2 cups of cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 pkgs crescent roll dough (Pillsbury type)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
Preparation: 15min ‘ Cooking: 30min ‘ Extra time: 2h refrigeration ‘ Ready in : 2h45min
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a rectangular pan of 9″ X 13″.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and vanilla.
- Unroll crescent dough and, using a rolling pin, work the dough into two rectangles the size of the prepared pan. Press one of the rectangles into the bottom of the pan and spread the cream cheese mixture on top. Cover with the other rectangle of dough. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle top dough with small pieces of this mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and drizzle with honey. Let cool completely before cutting into 12 squares.