If there’s one recipe that a lot of people like, that would definitely be the Southern Fried Chicken. The fact that it’s so tasty and enjoyable is what really makes it so interesting. Plus, it takes 15 minutes to prepare everything and an hour to cook it. So you can easily get around 4 servings done in roughly 75 minutes, plenty for enough family.
One thing to note about the Southern Fried Chicken recipe is that you get around 1500 calories per serving, 123 grams of protein and some carbs and fat too. The fact that it’s filled with protein and a variety of other compounds is what makes it shine and very healthy. That’s why you need to check it out no matter if you never tried it again.
Serving and seasoning the Southern Fried Chicken
Plus, the Southern Fried Chicken is one of those recipes that can be easy to serve. You can serve it with a vegetable side dish, creamed corn, mashed potatoes and many others. Also, there are people that like to add seasoning to this recipe, others don’t. adding various herbs to this can actually be a great idea and well worth a try. On the other hand, there are people that marinate those chicken pieces in hot sauce. It all comes down to personal preference, but in the end there’s no recipe that’s either right or wrong. You can adapt it the way you want.
What ingredients do you need for the Southern Fried Chicken?
- Vegetable oil
- 4 pounds of chicken pieces
- 2 tsp of black pepper
- 2 and a half cups of flour
- 2 tbsp of salt, a bit more for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- 1 and a half cups of milk
- You can start by preheating the oven to 200F and then add a rack in your large baking pan.
- Place the eggs and milk in a medium bowl, then start whisking to blend properly.
- Combine the pepper, salt, and flour in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Seal it, and then shake to ensure everything is combined adequately.
- Now you want to add those chicken pieces in the egg and milk mixture above. Make sure that the excess drips back into the blow. Put all the dipped pieces aside. (source : ineskohl.info)
- Add those pieces in the seasoned flour bag, then shake well to ensure that the pieces are coated properly.
- Now you want to remove that to a place and repeat the process with all chicken pieces
- You need to heat the oil in a heavy skillet up to 350F. As the skilled heats up, you do want to prepare a serving plate with paper towels on it.
- Make sure that you fry your chicken pieces a few at a time. If you add too many pieces, this drops the oil temperature, so it’s crucial to avoid that as much as you can. Use your slotted spoon to the paper towel so you can drain everything properly. Then you can sprinkle it with salt.
- All the drained/seasoned chicken should be added to the pan and rack. Keep it warm as you fry the other batches.
The Southern Fried Chicken recipe is very creative and exciting, and it does bring in front some amazing benefits. It’s interesting to prepare and it definitely has its fair share of variations. You can replace the milk with buttermilk or evaporated milk. Salt and pepper can be changed with a seasoned salt blend. Adding seasoning to the flour is also great. Try to adapt this Southern Fried Chicken recipe to your own taste, as there are many ways to achieve that!