This is a super simple recipe for those days when you can’t think of what else to cook.
2 people serving
- 3 potatoes
- 4-5 eggs
- to taste Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp. mustard (1/2 tbsp. or a little less)
- Enough Crackers or Toast
- to taste Salt
- Boil the potatoes and the eggs (cut the potatoes into small squares) to make it faster.
- After they are well cooked, let them cool.
- Once everything is cooled, remove the shell from the eggs and start breaking them as you like (cubes, slices, etc).
- Put everything in a bowl and add the mayonnaise to taste.
- Add the mustard, it is very little just to give it a sour taste.
- Mix everything well and add salt to taste.
- Serve with crackers or toast. 🙂
Second recipe (optional)
Whenever I make potato salad, I remember the big bowls of salad that were prepared in my dad’s restaurants every day because it was the perfect side dish.
- 2-3 potatoes
- 1 stick of celery
- 2 Spring onions
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- vinegar to taste
- dill powder to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup green beans
- 2 eggs
- First, we cook two or 3 potatoes, and once they are cooked, we peel and cut them into squares.
- Slice two small Spring onions (only the white part) and put them to deflate in water with vinegar in the fire.
- Remove the strings and slice a celery stalk.
- Bring a cup of green beans to a boil -I used frozen beans-.
- Put everything together in a salad bowl, toss with 3 or 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise, and season with dill powder and pepper.
- Separately, boil two eggs in water with a splash of vinegar.
- to make it easier to peel them- until they become hard, peel them and cut them in half lengthwise, remove the yolk and stir it with a spoonful of mayonnaise and fill the egg halves again.
If you liked this recipe of Southern Potato Salad, I suggest you visit the Dinner category recipe for similar recipes