The quickest and tastiest plat for dinner in Mexico is Spanish Rice! it worth a try
- 8 large red tomatoes
- 1 dash of vegetable oil
- 1 white onion
- 1 lb long grain white rice
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup weathered water
- 1 small diced carrot
- salt, cumin and garlic powder
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- 1 can green peas (optional)
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and cook white rice until tender, stirring frequently about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic powder, cumin, and chopped onion and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir the rice into the onion mixture and cook until the rice is lightly toasted, about 3 minutes more.
- Then while the rice is cooking, chop the tomatoes and blend them in a blender with a bit of water and chicken broth until the sauce thickens, Then add the carrots and tomato paste mixture to the rice. Bring the mixture to a boil for about 20 minutes.
- Mix everything and reduce the heat to low; cover the pot with a lid and simmer until the rice has absorbed the liquid, about 15 minutes. Please do not lift the lid while the rice is cooking until it dries. When ready, turn off the heat and let the rice stand for 8 minutes.
- Add the peas if desired, and stir with a rice spoon before transferring the rice to a serving plate. Top with chopped cilantro at the end.