Pumpkin pie and cheesecake lovers, this special dessert is for you! Thick and creamy cheesecake joins the classic spices and flavors of pumpkin pie in this delectable treat that the Instant Pot cooks perfectly every single time. ESV
SERVES: 8 to 10
- 2 tbsp (28 g) grass-fed butter or ghee, melted, plus more butter for pan
- 2 tbsp (19 g) maple sugar
- 1 cup (100 g) superfine blanched almond flour
- 16 oz (455 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (245 g) pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup (76 g) maple sugar
- 1 tbsp (8 g) cassava flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp (5 g) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup (237 ml) water
- Homemade whipped cream or coconut whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish (optional)
- Prepare the crust. Butter a 6- or 7-inch (15- or 18.5-cm) round springform pan that fits in the Instant Pot. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the crust ingredients and mix with clean hands until completely incorporated. Dump the mixture into the prepared springform pan and press down to form a packed crust at the bottom. Don’t allow too much to go up the sides of the pan. Transfer the pan to the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the cheesecake. In a blender, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, eggs, maple sugar, cassava flour, vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice and salt. Process on low speed until smooth and fully blended. Pour the cheesecake filling into the frozen crust.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot and insert the steam trivet. Gently place the springform pan on the trivet and cover with a casserole dish glass lid. Secure the lid with the steam vent in the sealed position. Press manual and set on high pressure for 45 minutes.
- Once the timer sounds, press keep warm/cancel. Allow the Instant Pot to release pressure naturally for 15 minutes. Using an oven mitt, do a quick release. If there is any steam left over, allow it to release until the silver dial drops, then carefully open the lid.
- Remove the lid and carefully lift the trivet and the springform pan out of the Instant Pot. Use oven mitts or towels because the Instant Pot and springform pan will be extremely hot. Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature with the glass lid still on. Once it has cooled, remove the lid, taking care not to drip any of the condensation on the top of the cheesecake. Gently run a knife around the edges of the cheesecake to loosen it for when you’re ready to remove it from the pan. Wipe off all the condensation from the lid and place it back on top of the cheesecake. Transfer to the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, or until completely chilled, preferably overnight.
- Serve chilled. Garnish, if you wish, with homemade whipped cream or coconut whipped cream, or dust with ground cinnamon.