Recipe of lentil and spinach quesadillas and smoked bacon accompanied by its spicy tomato sauce. A dish prepared by Ineskohl.info
– For 4 persons:
- 1 cup and half of the lentils
- 16 2/3 cups of spinach
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 spring onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 slices of smoked bacon
- 1 1/2 cups of grated Emmental cheese
- olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- spicy tomato sauce to accompany
- Wash the lentils and cook them in a pan with cold water. Season and add a bay leaf. Add the finely chopped spring onion and green bell pepper. Pour a dash of oil, cover, and cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Drain the lentils and put them in a bowl.
- Finely chop the bacon and garlic and saute everything in a frying pan with a drizzle of oil. Add the spinach and saute briefly. Add the lentils and stir fry well.
- To make the quesadillas, heat a tortilla in a frying pan without oil. Sprinkle with a little cheese and top with a portion of lentils and spinach. Add a little more cheese and another tortilla. Turn over several times until both tortillas are golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the quesadillas.
Plate the quesadillas as you like and serve with the spicy tomato sauce.