Preparing sweet strawberries and cream chimichangas is very easy and fast because, in only 15 minutes, you will have a delicious dessert ready to surprise. Their warm and crunchy exterior texture contrasts with the sweet and soft filling of fresh strawberries and cream, making them a delicious snack perfect for any occasion.
If you have never tried sweet chimichangas, I encourage you to do so as soon as possible. This time I have opted for a mixture of strawberries and cream. Still, you can substitute the strawberries with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, bananas, or even add one tablespoon of cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Also, you can optionally add a couple of tablespoons of vodka to the filling for a sparkling dessert.
Making sweet chimichangas is very easy, as it is as easy as filling wheat tortillas with our sweet filling and rolling it up tightly, as I show you in the video. The stuffed tortillas are quickly dipped in boiling oil and given the final touch by dipping them in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar – irresistible!
Prepare sweet chimichangas in just 15 minutes, a very simple and quick dessert perfect to surprise.
Servings 6 units
Preparation time 10 min
Cooking time 5 min
Total time 15 min
- 150 g cream cheese
- 10 strawberries
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (or any sweetener to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- 6 wheat tortillas
- In addition, we will need
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for frying
Step by step preparation
- In a bowl, place the cream cheese and beat it lightly with a spatula until it has a smooth consistency.
- Sweeten to taste with agave syrup, honey, or sugar and mix well. Optionally, add 2 tablespoons of vodka.
- With the help of an electric whisk, whip the cream. It is important to stop whipping as soon as the cream is stiff because if we continue whipping it will be cut. Add it to the previous mixture.
- Clean and dry the strawberries, chop them and add them to the filling.
- To assemble the chimichangas, place a tortilla on the counter and place the filling in the center and close it well. I have left you a step-by-step video where you can see how to close it correctly so that the filling does not come out when frying.
- Heat a frying pan with plenty of oil and fry the chimichangas for about 2 minutes on each side, or until you see that the tortilla is golden brown. Place them on a plate covered with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Immediately before they cool, coat the sweet chimichangas in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, making sure they are well coated.
- Serve immediately before cooling.
- Today we have filled the chimichangas with a mixture of strawberries and cream. Still, you can use whatever fruit you like or is in season: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries or bananas are a good alternative.
- If you like chocolate, add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder when whipping the cream, so you get a truffle filling. You can complement it with chocolate chips to taste.
- For a fun twist, add two tablespoons of vodka to the mixture, although this can only be done if children are not going to drink it, as the alcohol will not evaporate.
- It is important to serve this dessert immediately after frying, as the crispy and hot crust is what makes it so irresistible.
- If you want to prepare the sweet chimichangas in advance, fill the tortillas and store them in the refrigerator. Fry them just before serving, as they will be ready in a few minutes.