Today we are going with a recipe that is easy, quick, and very tasty. This delicious recipe can be prepared in just one hour, and it makes up to 6 servings.
As for the ingredients, the vegetables can be changed to taste, as this is a very versatile recipe.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 medium-sized whole potato
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 kilo of good quality minced meat (it can be beef, or half beef and half pork, although this is a departure from the classic recipe).
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper
- 1/2 kilo approximately of puff pastry in rolls (About 1 lb)
- The first thing we will do is peel and then chop the onion and carrot well. Then we will also peel the celery and the potato, and we will cut them into small cubes.
- Now put olive oil in a frying pan and when the oil is hot, add the carrot, the onion, the celery, the potato, and the rosemary, and let them cook for about 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir often to prevent sticking. The secret to know if they are done is to detect that they are getting a transparent tone, a little darker and soften. In the last 2 minutes, we add the garlic.
- Once done, put the vegetables aside in a plate or large bowl, and leave them to cool down. When they are cold, add the minced meat to the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and add the beaten egg.
- Finally, we will mix well all the ingredients with a utensil or our own hands neatly washed.
- Let’s go now with the puff pastry. We take the aforementioned amount of puff pastry roll (it can also be puff pastry stretched by hand) and mold it into a rectangular shape, as later we will make a roll. Preheat the oven to 175ºC.
- Now we will put along the puff pastry as if it were a roll or sausage, our minced meat mixture. Then we roll the puff pastry so that it is completely covered, press it so that it sticks well.
- Now place the roll on a baking sheet and brush the top with a little beaten egg, especially in the area where the layers of puff pastry meet.
- Let it bake for 60 minutes, watching the last 15 minutes, as the time is not always exact and depends on the oven. When the puff pastry is golden brown it means that it is ready.
- Once it is done, take it out and let it cool. It can be served cold or lukewarm, accompanied by a mustard sauce or any other kind of sauce, purees, or creams.