This American sweet potato pie is a succulent sweet dessert, perfect for celebrations such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Easter. Learn how to make it with these simple steps from Ineskohl.info.
Ingredients to make American sweet potato pie:
- 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry or shortcrust pastry.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 120 milliliters of Milk (½ cup)
- 115 grams of butter
- 2 eggs
- 130 grams of sugar
- 30 grams of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
How to make American sweet potato pie:
Here are the ingredients for this sweet potato pie. Three medium sweet potatoes will be enough to make this typical American Thanksgiving pie. For the dough, you can opt for a shortcrust pastry or make this shortcrust pastry recipe.
Tip: Turn on the oven to heat it to 180ºC.
- We begin the preparation of the American sweet potato pie. First, we boil the sweet potato in a pot. Previously we will have peeled and chopped it. In 10 or 12 minutes, it will be ready.
- When the sweet potato is cooked, pour it into the blender with the rest of the ingredients to fill this sweet potato pie: Milk, butter, eggs, white and brown sugar, Nutmeg, and cinnamon. Blend everything to obtain a fine-textured mixture.
- Spread the shortcrust pastry in the mold, shape the edges and prick the bottom several times with a fork.
- Fill the dough with the sweet potato mixture, and we can bake the American sweet potato pie. At 180ºC, 40 minutes will be enough.
- Serve the sweet potato pie warm or cold, with a little whipped cream and some almonds or other nuts. You will love it!
If you liked the American sweet potato pie recipe, we suggest you visit our Cake Recipes category.